I am so excited to write about Raquel Welch movies. She is one of the most iconic actresses in Hollywood history, known for her stunning looks and strong on-screen presence. I have always been a big fan of her performances, and I can’t wait to share some of her most memorable movies.
My favourite Movies Of Raquel Welch
First up is One Million Years B.C., a prehistoric adventure film where Raquel Welch plays the role of Loana, a beautiful cavegirl who falls in love with a member of a rival tribe.
This movie is a cult classic and is famous for Welch’s iconic fur bikini, which became an instant sensation. Her beauty and chemistry with co-star John Richardson made this movie a visual masterpiece.
Another one of her famous roles is in the science-fiction film, Fantastic Voyage. Welch plays the role of Cora Peterson, a member of a team of scientists who are miniaturized and injected into a patient’s bloodstream to perform brain surgery. This movie was a critical and commercial success, and Welch’s performance as Cora was praised for her beauty and strong on-screen presence.
In Bedazzled, Raquel Welch plays the role of Lust, one of the seven deadly sins that tempts a hapless man named Stanley into making a deal with the devil. Her performance in this movie was a standout, showcasing her seductive charm and playful wit. She had great chemistry with co-star Dudley Moore, and their scenes together were some of the highlights of the film.
The Four Musketeers is a historical action-adventure film where Welch plays the role of Constance Bonacieux, a loyal friend of the musketeers who becomes embroiled in a dangerous political conspiracy. This movie was a box office success and received critical acclaim, with Welch’s performance praised for her grace and beauty, as well as her ability to hold her own against a talented cast.
In Mother, Jugs & Speed, Welch plays the role of Jennifer, a tough and no-nonsense ambulance driver who works alongside a motley crew of misfits in a race to beat rival ambulance companies to accident scenes. This movie was a critical and commercial success, with Welch’s performance praised for her toughness and wit.
Lastly, in Cocaine Cowboys, Welch plays the role of the glamorous and powerful drug lord, Alicia Sánchez. This movie was a departure from Welch’s usual roles as a glamorous leading lady, and instead showcased her versatility as an actress. Her performance as Alicia was intense and complex, and she portrayed a character who was both alluring and dangerous.
In conclusion, Raquel Welch’s performances in these movies have cemented her status as an icon. Her beauty, charm, and on-screen presence have captivated audiences for decades, and she has proven her versatility as an actress in a range of different genres. Whether she was playing a prehistoric cavegirl or a powerful drug lord, Raquel Welch always brought her A-game to every role.
Raquel Welch’s movies in chronological order:
- A House Is Not a Home (1964)
- Roustabout (1964)
- The Swingin’ Maiden (1964)
- A Swingin’ Summer (1965)
- Do Not Disturb (1965)
- Billie (1965)
- The Biggest Bundle of Them All (1968)
- Bandolero! (1968)
- Lady in Cement (1968)
- One Million Years B.C. (1968)
- The Magic Christian (1969)
- Flareup (1969)
- Myra Breckinridge (1970)
- Hannie Caulder (1971)
- Fuzz (1972)
- Bluebeard (1972)
- Kansas City Bomber (1972)
- The Last of Sheila (1973)
- The Three Musketeers (1973)
- The Four Musketeers (1974)
- Mother, Jugs & Speed (1976)
- Crossed Swords (1977)
- L’Animal (1977)
- The Prince and the Pauper (1977)
- Circle of Two (1980)
- Mork & Mindy (1981) – TV series
- The Legend of Walks Far Woman (1982) – TV movie
- Right to Die (1987) – TV movie
- Trouble in Paradise (1989) – TV movie
- Scandal in a Small Town (1988) – TV movie
- Torch Song Trilogy (1988)
- B.L. Stryker (1990) – TV series
- Classic Albums: Cream – Disraeli Gears (2006) – Documentary
- Forget About It (2006)
- Legally Blonde (2007) – Musical
- The Ultimate Legacy (2015) – TV movie
Raquel Welch TV shows
Raquel Welch has appeared in several television shows throughout her career. Here are some of her notable TV appearances:
- Bewitched (1966) – She appeared as the character Sheila Sommers in an episode titled “Going Ape”
- The Muppet Show (1979) – She was a guest star in an episode of the popular variety show.
- Love Boat (1981) – She appeared as a guest star in the episode “Country Blues/A Matter of Taste/Frat Brothers Forever”.
- The Righteous Apples (1981) – She had a recurring role in this teen drama series.
- The Legend of Walks Far Woman (1982) – She starred in this TV movie about a Native American woman.
- The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space (1995) – She appeared in this TV movie as Princess Tyra.
- American Family (2002) – She played the character of Aunt Dora in a few episodes of this family drama series.
- Welcome to Sweden (2014) – She had a guest role in this Swedish-American comedy series.
These are just a few examples of Raquel Welch’s appearances on TV. She has also appeared in several TV specials and documentaries over the years.
sources with links that provide information on Raquel Welch’s movies and TV shows:
- IMDb (Internet Movie Database) – https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000079/
- Rotten Tomatoes – https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/raquel_welch
- Turner Classic Movies (TCM) – https://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/person/201437%7C127541/Raquel-Welch#overview
- Biography.com – https://www.biography.com/actor/raquel-welch